Subscribe to my occasional email updates, news and events
Sandplay Therapy is a powerful, creative and transformational healing process for both adults and children, using symbol and metaphor to connect with and express our unconscious.
During a session the client is given an opportunity to create a three-dimensional picture or a miniature "world" within the boundaries of the specially designed sand tray, in a safe and compassionate environment. This can help express our innermost feelings, make us aware of our unconscious processes, gradually soften internal conflicts and bring about the sense of integration and wholeness. Personal change, healing and problem resolution occur through symbolic exploration and transformation within the sand tray.
Sandplay is suitable for people of all ages and backgrounds, and has a number of advantages over conventional talking therapies:
- Does not require disclosure of difficult personal material
- The client is in control of the session
- Works mostly on unconscious level and does not demand conscious effort
- Helps to enhance creativity and intuition
- Promotes sense of play and fun
- Safe, gentle and powerful at the same time
- Can help enhance spiritual connection and growth
- There is no requirement for home tasks to be completed between sessions
- In some circumstances, sessions can take place at longer intervals than with traditional talking therapies
Sandplay Coaching is also available - this is suitable for leaders, managers, professionals and other individuals who wish to use this creative and transformational approach for professional and personal development, to enhance your problem-solving and decision-making ability, to help resolve interpersonal conflicts, develop your intuition, confidence, self-awareness and leadership skills.
I am currently able to offer reduced cost Sandplay Therapy and Coaching sessions to a limited number of clients - £50 (instead of the standard £70 for Sandplay Therapy and £125 for Sandplay Coaching).
Appointments for Sandplay Therapy and Coaching take place at my practice in Glossop, High Peak (Derbyshire) - a 30-40 minute drive or a train ride from centre of Manchester. For more information about appointments, please enquire. If you want to be sure that I am the right therapist for you, I am happy to offer a free telephone consultation of up to 20 minutes to help you make up your mind. You can also read examples of feedback from my previous clients.