Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Please note that this page is in the process of being edited and not all information may be accurate.
I offer EFT Supervision/Mentoring to EFT Students, Practitioners, Advanced Practitioners and Trainers, individually and in groups.
Mentoring is an essential CPD requirement for all practitioner members of AAMET (Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques), with 6 hours one-to-one or 12 hours group mentoring per year being the minimum necessary to maintain your practitioner status. Remember that it is your responsibility to maintain a record of your mentoring sessions and other CPD activities and to submit this to your main AAMET trainer if requested.
Individual Supervision/mentoring can be conducted face-to-face, over the telephone, video conferencing (Skype or Google hangout) or instant messaging (Skype/Google), at £80 per hour - I currently offer 1/2 price supervision (at £40 per hour) to new supervisees starting with me before the end of March 2015. If you are only seeing a few clients and feel that you don't need a whole hour, 30 minute sessions can also be arranged.
I am also offering a monthly Group Supervision for a mixed group of EFT Practitioners, Hypnotherapists and NLP Practitioners, this usually takes place on a Wednesday evening and costs £10 - please enquire if you would like to join. I am an approved Hypnotherapy Supervisor with the General Hypnotherapy Register and attendance at the Supervision Group will count towards the required CPD for members of the Register and some other Hypnotherapy and NLP organisations, as well as towards AAMET mentoring requirements for EFT. I am also currently training in counselling/psychotherapy supervision.
Supervision/Mentoring is available in English and Russian. I have supervised practitioners in mental health settings since 2004, and, apart from my experience of EFT, bring additional skills and understanding of Neurolinguistic Programming/Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing, Hypnotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Creative Therapies and other therapeutic approaches, to make our sessions as informative and helpful as possible. If you are starting your own EFT practice, I can also advise on setting up and marketing yourself as a practitioner.
During the supervision/mentoring session, I can help you to
- assess suitability of clients for treatment and any risks involved
- discuss your concerns about a particular client:
- understand transference issues
- improve your technical skills and knowledge with EFT
- enhance your understanding of mental health issues
- expand your range of EFT approaches
- understand the obstacles and blocks to successful treatment
- incorporate creative techniques into your work
- ensure your own and client's safety
- enhance the level of rapport and connection with clients
- improve your referrals and communication with other heath professionals
- monitor and improve administrative aspects of your clinical practice
- maintain professional boundaries when dealing with clients or colleagues
- reflect on your personal and professional development
- adhere to the ethical code of AAMET or other professional organisation.
NEW!!! "I love EFT" car window sticker
SOLD OUT! If you are an EFT enthusiast, you can help spread the word about tapping by putting this limited edition, self-adhesive clear vinyl sticker inside your car window. Sticker size approximately 150 x 67mm (6 x 2 2/3 inches). Available only in the UK, at £2.45 including postage. To order your "I love EFT" car window sticker, go to PayPal Cart. All profits from the sale of the sticker will go to support my voluntary project in Sri Lanka.
Resources for EFT Practitioners
- Read the excellent article by EFT Master Gwyneth Moss, on the importance of supervision and support for therapists.
- Watch a brief video on my favourite Top Tips for Troubleshooting with EFT here:
- Download my handout with Client & Practitioner Safety Tips on how to keep the client and yourself safe during and between the sessions, manage intense emotions, deal with dissociation and other aspects of safety and ethics, or read it online on the EFT Universe website
- A 40-page EFT Practitioner's Handbook of Addictions, Self-Harm and Eating Disorders is available at £2.95 as an eBook, and £5 as a hard copy (the latter in the UK only, including P&P)
- Read the important article by Jenny Eshed on the dangers of neglecting personal development and lack of professional boundaries (she focuses mostly on lay practitioners but much of this also applies to trained therapists)
- My Personal Peace and Abundance Workbook is a beautifully illustrated journal to help you on your journey of healing and personal/professional development, available as an eBook.
- Study the list of 50 warning signs of "bad therapy" proposed by the Good Therapy website - ask yourself, how many of these behaviours do you do occasionally or even routinely? Whilst EFT Practitioners may differ from counsellors and psychotherapists, this list presents some important food for thought.
- Download my template letter to a client's GP/physician, which you can adapt for your own use to help keep channels of communication with medical professionals opened
- Familiarise yourself with the available EFT research papers, to keep on top of the developments in this field and to be able to communicate this information to funding bodies and other decision-makers.
- To help gather the basic information about the client and the issues they wish to address in therapy, download a copy of my Initial Client Questionnaire which you can adapt for your own use - this can be sent to client in advance before your first session, or used as an initial assessment form.
- Download three standard assessment measures which can help to evaluate your client's level of distress and functional limitation, including: GAD-7 (measurement of anxiety), PHQ-9 (measurement of low/depressed mood) and WSAS (measurement of effect on work and personal life) - these can be completed before and after treatment to measure the results of therapy more objectively.
To receive my news and updates, click on the button below and enter your email address in the pop-up form:
I advise all practitioners to read as widely as possible not only on EFT but on other topics of therapy, wellbeing, health, personal and professional development, and below is a small selection of books, in no particular order, which I have personally found useful in my own development as a therapist.