Subscribe to my occasional email updates, news and events
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is an invaluable therapeutic and stress management tool for any professional working in a supportive/helping capacity.
Emotional Freedom Technique is sometimes known as “acupuncture without needles” and has been developed in the US in the 1990s. EFT brings together complementary therapies and psychology, by combining stimulation of a series of acupressure points with cognitive restructuring (specially worded statements), typically resulting in rapid shifts of cognition and relief from excess negative emotions.
The main features are:
- Quick and easy to learn, with good success rates even for complete beginners.
- Is “portable” and can be taught to others in one brief session for use as a self-help tool.
- The client is an active participant and not a passive recipient and has a better sense of control
- Can be carried out anywhere and at any time, for both emotional and physical symptoms.
- A gentle approach, with virtually no contra-indications or harmful side-effects.
- Does not require full disclosure – a client can keep a difficult issue private and still get relief.
- Can work even for complex and long-lasting problems with minimum discomfort (in the hands of an experienced therapist)
- Benefits the practitioner as well as the client!
Even beginners can typically use EFT with a high degree of success for relief from irrational fears and anxieties, addictive cravings, aches & tensions, unpleasant memories and difficult emotions. It can be easily combined with other approaches, such as NLP, CBT, EMDR, TA, Time Line Therapy, hypnosis, etc.
EFT Course Syllabus
I teach EFT in my individual style, whilst striving to stay consistent with EFT founder Gary Craig's original concept and core principles. My courses follow the guidelines by the Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET), with which I am accredited as a Master Trainer of Trainers, and can include additional specialist material to suit the needs of the group.
Level 1 – Foundation (2 days)
- Brief History of EFT.
- How does it work – energy model and biomedical model.
- Comparisons with conventional treatments.
- Location of EFT acupressure points.
- EFT Basic Procedure and shortcuts.
- A.B.C. of EFT (Awareness – Balancing – Clearing).
- Psychological Reversal.
- Applications of EFT for fear/anxiety, troublesome memories, addictive cravings.
- How to deal with intense emotion
- The importance of being specific
- Identifying Aspects.
- “Borrowing Benefits” with EFT.
- How to introduce EFT to individuals and groups.
- Personal Peace Procedure.
- Progression routes
Level 2 – Practitioner (2 days)
- EFT over the Phone.
- EFT for Trauma.
- EFT for Addictions.
- EFT for Physical Issues.
- Palace of Possibilities.
- Extra tapping points.
- Use of metaphor
- Advanced use of language.
- Advanced troubleshooting.
- EFT for Children and Animals
- Brief introduction to other Meridian Therapies.
- Setting up an EFT practice.
- On successful completion of Level 2 EFT training our graduates are eligible to obtain Professional Indemnity insurance to practise EFT.
Level 3 – Advanced (2 days)
- Advanced EFT approaches.
- Syllabus varies according to the group.
Specialist EFT Training available to organisations at Levels 1 & 2:
- EFT for Drug & Alcohol Practitioners
- EFT for Mental Health Professionals
- EFT for Counsellors/Psychotherapists
- EFT for Prison Staff
- EFT for Teachers, Trainers & Presenters
- EFT for Medical Professionals
- EFT for Telephone Support Workers
- EFT for Eating Disorder Practitioners
Included in every training course:
- Comprehensive course manual and supplementary handouts for each participant.
- Free individual support by phone/email: for one month after Level 1 course completion, for three months after Level 2; unlimited for Level 3 graduates.
- AAMET Certification on completion of case studies and written assessment (depending on training level). Accreditation with AAMET will require regular supervision of your practice. Supervision and assessment of case studies are charged extra.
Course Eligibility Criteria
EFT Level 1
- Good level of self-awareness and communication skills
- Open to new learning
EFT Level 2
- Successful completion of EFT Level 1 training
- Experience of using EFT with at least 6 cases
- Experience of work in a people-oriented profession
EFT Level 3
- Successful completion of EFT Level 2 training
- Experience of using EFT with a wide variety of clients over a period of at least 1 year
I have trained professionals from a wide range of organisasions: drug & alcohol charities, local government, mental health services, social services, NHS, Prison Service, Mind, employment organisations, eating disorder centres, women's charities, counselling/psychotherapy practices, and many others. The list of client organisations includes:
- Alternative Futures (Warrington)
- Anxiety UK (Manchester)
- Association for Sex Addiction Therapists (Leamington Spa)
- Beacon Counselling (Bramhall)
- Beacon Support Services (Barnsley)
- Broadway Lodge Addiction Treatment Service (Weston-super-Mare)
- Claudius Drug Training (York)
- Derwent Counselling (Bakewell)
- Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust (Chesterfield)
- Derbyshire Mental Health Services (Buxton)
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire County Council Emergency Support Team (Matlock)
- Gloucester Royal Hospital Health Psychology & Staff Support Services
- Hypnotherapy Academy (Norway)
- KeyRing Living Support Networks (Oldham)
- Kandy School for Girls (Sri Lanka)
- Killinochchi Pastoral Care Team (Sri Lanka)
- HM Prison Styal (Wilmslow)
- National Association of Counsellors (Sri Lanka)
- National Centre for Eating Disorders (Esher)
- NAViGO Healthcare (Grimsby)
- New Mind (Israel)
- Paradenya Hospital Palliative Counselling Team (Sri Lanka)
- Prostoy Put (Russia)
- Salford Royal Hospital Palliative Care
- Counselling Service / Staff Support Service
- Salford Royal Hospital Staff Support Team
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Theological College of Lanka (Sri Lanka)
- Workers’ Educational Association (Chester)
To enquire about my in-house EFT training and to discuss your requirements, please phone 07887 617558.