EFT for Professionals
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is an invaluable therapeutic and stress management tool for any professional working in a supportive/helping capacity.
Emotional Freedom Technique is sometimes known as “acupuncture without needles” and has been developed in the US in the 1990s. EFT brings together complementary therapies and psychology, by combining stimulation of a series of acupressure points with cognitive restructuring (specially worded affirmations), typically resulting in rapid shifts of cognition and relief from excess negative emotions. The main features are:
- Quick and easy to learn, with good success rates even for complete beginners.
- Is “portable” and can be taught to others in one brief session for use as a self-help tool.
- The client is an active participant and not a passive recipient and has a better sense of control
- Can be carried out anywhere and at any time, for both emotional and physical symptoms.
- A gentle approach, with virtually no contra-indications or harmful side-effects.
- Does not require full disclosure – a client can keep a difficult issue private and still get relief.
- Can work even for complex and long-lasting problems with minimum discomfort.
- Benefits the practitioner as well as the client!
Even beginners can typically use EFT with a high degree of success for relief from irrational fears and anxieties, addictive cravings, aches & tensions, unpleasant memories and difficult emotions. It can be easily combined with other approaches, such as NLP, CBT, EMDR, TA, Time Line Therapy, hypnosis, etc.
EFT Course Syllabus
Masha Bennett teaches EFT in her individual style, whilst striving to stay consistent with EFT founder Gary Craig's original concept and core principles. Our courses follow the guidelines by the Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET), and also include additional material.
Level 1 – Foundation (2 days)
- Brief History of EFT.
- How does it work – energy model and biomedical model.
- Comparisons with conventional treatments.
- Location of EFT acupressure points.
- EFT Basic Procedure and shortcuts.
- A.B.C. of EFT (Awareness – Balancing – Clearing).
- Psychological Reversal.
- Applications of EFT for fear/anxiety, troublesome memories, addictive cravings.
- How to deal with intense emotion
- The importance of being specific
- Identifying Aspects.
- “Borrowing Benefits” with EFT.
- How to introduce EFT to individuals and groups.
- Personal Peace Procedure.
- Progression routes
NAVIGO Eating Disorders Team of new EFT Practitioners
Level 2 – Practitioner (2 days)
- EFT over the Phone.
- EFT for Trauma.
- EFT for Addictions.
- EFT for Physical Issues.
- Palace of Possibilities.
- Extra tapping points.
- Use of metaphor
- Advanced use of language.
- Advanced troubleshooting.
- EFT for Children and Animals
- Brief introduction to other Meridian Therapies.
- Setting up an EFT practice.
- On successful completion of Level 2 EFT training our graduates are eligible to obtain Professional Indemnity insurance to practise Non-Invasive Meridian Therapies.
Level 3 – Advanced (2 days)
- Advanced EFT approaches.
- Syllabus varies according to the group.
Specialist EFT Training available to organisations at Levels 1 & 2:
— EFT for Drug & Alcohol Practitioners — EFT for Teachers, Trainers & Presenters
— EFT for Mental Health Professionals — EFT for Medical Professionals
— EFT for Counsellors/Psychotherapists — EFT for Telephone Support Workers
— EFT for Prison Staff — EFT for Eating Disorder Practitioners
Included in every training course:
- Comprehensive course manual and supplementary handouts for each participant.
- Free individual support by phone/email: for one month after Level 1 course completion, for three months after Level 2; unlimited for Level 3 graduates.
- AAMET Certification on completion of case studies and written assessment (depending on training level).
Course Eligibility Criteria
EFT Level 1
- Good level of self-awareness and communication skills
- Open to new learning
EFT Level 2
- Successful completion of EFT Level 1 training
- Experience of using EFT with at least 6 cases
- Experience of work in a people-oriented profession
EFT Level 3
- Successful completion of EFT Level 2 training
- Experience of using EFT with a wide variety of clients over a period of at least 1 year
Masha has trained professionals from a wide range of organisasions: drug & alcohol charities, local government, mental health services, social services, NHS, Prison Service, Mind, employment organisations, eating disorder centres, women's charities, counselling/psychotherapy practices, and many others.
To enquire about our in-house EFT training and to discuss your requirements, please phone 07887 617558, or go to Downloads section where the Training Enquiry Form for organisations can be found.